Tuesday, November 12, 2019

What a year 2019 has been!

My family has been farming for several generations.  As far back as I can remember I can still hear my great grandpa tell stories of how he would farm, each story included the various challenges and joys that go along with farm life.  Yes, 2019 has been a challenge farming!  Just like other years in the past.  Wet springs, dry summers, wet falls, early frost, etc.  Each year we pray daily, go to work, do what we can and trust in the blessings of God to give the increase.  The harvest this year has been unbelievably bountiful for the many challenges that faced the farmers.  As my dad told me the other day "son, we have never had a year with NO crop, God has always provided"!  Yes, my dad is correct, this great nation has not had a total crop failure in years, if ever.  We have much to be grateful for, God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment